Stephen M. Cox M.D.
Dr. Stephen Cox, co-inventor of bcalm, is a board–certified psychiatrist who has specialized in anxiety disorder for more than thirty years. He founded the non–profit medical health education organization the National Anxiety Foundation, was on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Clinical Psychiatry, and has been on the Editorial Board of the medical journal, The Annals of Clinical Psychiatry. He began researching anxiety disorders and possible treatments in the 1980s after becoming concerned that so many people across the country time had an undiagnosed anxiety disorder and were receiving no treatment, or ineffective or wrong treatment.
- Undergraduate: Centre College and University of Kentucky, double major in pre-med and radiochemistry (“nuclear chemistry”). Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Medical School: University of Kentucky College of Medicine. M.D. degree.
- Specialty Residency: Psychiatry. University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
- Fellowship in Child Psychiatry (1 year) and Chief Resident of Psychiatry (1 year): University of Kentucky College of Medicine.
- Board Certified: American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology. Chicago.
- National Anxiety Foundation, Pres.
- Pavor Limited, limited partner.
- LoCO2, Inc, Pres. (LoCO2 Inc is the gen. partner of Pavor Limited).
- Asst. Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine.